Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mobile Airstreams

Today at lunch, Warren and I went over to the College of Art to check out the Mobilivre (a.k.a. Book Mobile) that tours the country displaying zines, artist books and other independent publications. I heard about the Mobilivre project a few years back and sent them a copy of Fertile Ground. A few months later I got a surprised email from a friend in Portland, Maine who spotted my zine on the bus.

I was excited to go and see my zine in action as well as the other zines in the collection. I was sad to discover that I had in fact failed to send a zine for the current tour, but I was happy to discover all of the extremely cool (and FANCY!) zines on board.

I highly recommend checking out the Mobilivre if it comes to your town. (Memphians, you have about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there! They head to Little Rock tomorrow...)

On the 17th, Warren and I are visiting another airstream--NPR's Story Corps bus that travels through the states collecting people's stories. I had originally thought I could go on and read an essay or something, but I found out that they collect stories via interview.

I decided that it would be fun (for me anyway!) to interview Warren. His birthday is coming up and I thought it would be something different we could do to mark the occasion. I'm sure he'll be really shy and I'll sound like a man, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I plan on talking to him about modern day fathering.

For those of you interested in participating, the bus will be parked outside the Center for Southern Folklore from October 13-30.

1 comment:

Lone Star Ma said...

Grf. No texas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...