Saturday, January 14, 2006

Artwork

When Warren and I went to pick up the boys last night, the bulletin board caught my eye.


The pictures had little cardboard circles glued on them that the kids turned into people. The placard in the middle of the board said, "Family & Friends." Maya drew a picture of her and her family on a visit to Africa. Sarah drew a picture of her friends and a dinosaur at a party. Dillon drew his parents and his little sister. Cameron drew his whole family...and so on.

Cute I thought. Then I noticed that Satchel's picture had made it on the board.


"Hey Satchel, who's this in your picture?" I innocently asked.

"That's me!" he said. "I'm wearing my power ranger suit and holding a cutter."

"What are you going to cut?" I asked.

"Nuffing. I'm just holding it!"

"Where are your family and friends?" I asked.

"They're way in the back. Way way back where you can't see them," he explained.


I looked closer. Technically the "way way back" part was missing. I turned to Warren, "I guess he used his cutter to get rid of his friends and family."

gulp

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...