Saturday, April 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Jiro!

Today is Jiro's official birthday, but we kicked off the celebration at his school yesterday. Since Warren became afflicted with the stomach virus sweeping the school and our humble abode, I was in charge of making cupcakes. I made the kind in an ice cream cone to maximize the toddlers' icing consumption. I didn't put enough cake mix in the cones, so they ended up looking pretty skimpy. I was pretty sure the toddlers wouldn't notice, but Warren suggested I pick up some helium balloons on my way over to compensate. It ended up being a really good idea.

Satchel came over to help get the party started:


Over 50% of the baby class--all of the boys it seemed--were out because of the virus.


But I have to say, of the ones who were there, none of them enjoyed the ice cream cupcake more than my little Jiro.


We ended the party by putting Jiro's Ramones mix in the school CD player and dancing around the room with balloons.

The real fun started when we all went out to dinner at Sekisui-East.

When our waiter came to check on us, I had to order more sushi. Before I could, Satchel and Jiro both simultaneously started screaming at the top of their lungs. I believe Satchel got some wasabi in his eye and Jiro was pissed because I wouldn't let him dip the digital camera into the soy sauce. The look of fear in our waiter's eyes made me wonder if he had a pregnant wife at home.

Read the full review here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIRO!! I totally forgot it was so close to Satch's. I love all the recent pics here - your boys are so cute. I also enjoyed reading the wedding story (made me laugh) and keeping up w/ how your Rolly Derby stuff is going (cute pic of you too btw).
- Cosmic

Lone Star Ma said...

Happy Birthday, Jiro!!!

Just two? I thought he was more older than the LSB - she will be two in June but seems much younger than he does.

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Stacey. I bet a digital camera would be tasty dipped in soy sauce!

I enjoyed exploring your zine, and hopefully I can send a few of my readers your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...