Monday, January 15, 2007

Gooey Louie

As is becoming custom, we spent most of Sunday over at S.A.M.'s house, eating pancakes and playing games with her, the Admiral, RJA, Kristy, and our seven collective monkeys. Once the adults (and C) finished with Trivial Pursuit and Taboo, the kids asked if they could play Gooey Louie.


I didn't really pay much attention to Louie since Jiro was feeling a little puny. As I sat on the sofa with him I couldn't ignore the squeals of delight coming from the dining room. I limped towards the kitchen to get Jiro some juice and stopped at the dining room table to see what the excitement was all about. I found S, Satchel, JP, C, and Miss M all playing with three-inch-long green slimy "boogers" and laughing their heads off.

"What is the object of this game?" I asked.

"You pull boogers out of his nose until his brains fly out," C explained.

"Okay..."


It was on my way back to the livingroom that I became concerned. That's when I saw RJA putting Louie's "brains" back in his head.



I turned to S.A.M. and said, "Where did you get that game?"

"It was a wedding present," she said.

"Oh, is it not a kid's game?" I said, now putting two and two together.

"No, it is," she said.

I looked at the box and sure enough there were kids on the front pulling boogers out of Louie Gooey. It read: "Pull the gooeys out of Louie and win! Watch Louie's Brains POP When The Special Gooey Gets Picked!"

It's got to be a joke, I thought. I mean, look at how The Urban dictionary defines Gooey Louie!

Maybe I just have a dirty mind. Apparently Gooey Looie's is a perfectly respectable restaurant in Philly too.

Regardless, the kids didn't seem to think it was anything but fun and it kept them entertained for quite some time.

3 comments:

Memphisotan said...

I love that no one can bring themselves to comment on this. Because really, what else is there to say? The comedy writes itself.

Anonymous said...

I'm guilty....but i didn't think it appropriate to comment that the monkeys almost grabbed the "Dirty Sanchez" game off the closet shelf, and if i knew what Gooey Looey meant, i would have stopped them from playing that too.

Unknown said...

I don't work blue, despite what you see in that picture there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...