Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just short of a Milestone



We've been doing so much bike riding lately, we figured it was time to free Jiro's bike of its training wheels. He seemed unsure, but we told him he was ready. "Not until I'm 5," he said, referring to the fact that Satchel was five when he got his extra wheels off.

"You're ready!" we said.

We rode over to Overton Park and made a beeline to the sloping hill near Rainbow Lake where Satchel successfully shed his trainers.

Jiro made a few runs, but his heart just wasn't in it. Physically, he's ready. Mentally, he's not. So the training wheels went back on.


The excursion wasn't a total loss though. Look what I saw in the parking lot!


(I peeked inside and it was empty save a few wads of toilet paper, two empty 40oz beer cans, and some empty cigarette cartons. I actually saw a City of Memphis truck in the parking lot, so I told myself the bin had just been delivered or just been emptied!!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We're working on this same milestone at our house. Maybe we need to get Connor and Jiro to the famous slope together sometime soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...