Monday, January 28, 2008

Mmm..smells like...?

Tonight as I snuggled between the monkeys in an attempt to get them to sleep, Satchel peered up at me, gave me a winning smile, and said, "Your hair stinks."

I grabbed a hunk of it and pulled it under my nose to get a whiff. "I can't smell anything," I said. "What does it smell like?"

He searched his lexicon for the right word and finally said, "Cheddar."

Cheddar? I briefly wondered if he might be getting a whiff of my armpit, but that didn't make me feel any less nasty.

Jiro, my darling, chimed in and said, "Mommy doesn't smell gross. She smells like Mommy."

Aw.

I can only hope the cheddar smell was from the three bowls of Cheezits that Satchel consumed before bed. (Yes, Warren, he brushed his teeth!)

2 comments:

Sassy Molassy said...

Um, is cheese the new rock deodorant?

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I was wondering why my nachos tasted fruity...I must have mistakenly switched the cheese dip and hair conditioner while unpacking the shopping.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...