Friday, February 01, 2008

When Worlds Collide

I had planned to keep it on the DL, but since Steph has already outed me, I'd like to go ahead and officially announce that I've started yet again another blog.

But this one is different. It's for work!

Yes, work.

I have taken on the monumental task of making the utility industry interesting! So far, I have to say that it has actually been really fun. I've finally got an outlet for all of my recycling talk, plus I get to go out in the field and see what other people at the company do all day.

So far I've ridden along with our Revenue Protection department, gone on an Energy Doctor home survey, and seen a crew install a utility pole and then climb up it to re-thread downed wires.

In the future I'll be going on an EcoBuild inspection, braving the methane gas swamplands, watching as a substation gets powered up, and who knows what else.

If you care to follow along, add Bird on a Wire to your blogroll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S, now you really need to come to PDX for "work" research, you know?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...