Friday, September 12, 2008

Bike Ride

In lieu of cocktails on Friday, we had a family bike ride through Overton Park. Warren's fancy bike had just come in and Jiro had gotten a $10 Craig's List Huffy the night before.

After Warren dusted off my Schwinn beach cruiser, Satchel and I practiced in front of the house. (I hadn't been on my bike in, oh, six years?) But you know that expression about riding a bike? True.

Jiro's new bike was a bit bigger than his old one and he was having trouble using his brakes. (Which led to the demise of his old bike...he chose to abandon ship rather than brake.)

I love this first picture, just for the contrast in bike riding attitudes between the two monkeys.



But, if anything, Jiro has learned how to smile for the camera, even when he isn't smiling on the inside.



Warren's Electra was everything he hoped for and more. He let me take it for a cruise around the cove and I have to say that the forward pedals and high handle bars do make it more comfortable.



Alas, no one ever took my picture.

1 comment:

Chip said...

Now THAT is a pimpin' ride.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...