Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Wanna Be Sedated

Although we have listened to the Ramones' song I Wanna Be Sedated at least a million times, Satchel just yesterday decided to ask me a question about the lyrics on our drive home.

"What does sedated mean?"

"Uh...uh..." I admit I was caught a little bit by surprise. "It means go to sleep."

"Why does he want to be asleep?"

"Uh...because he has a lot of things to do and he feels lazy," I lamely explained.

"Do you wish you were sedated?"

Laughing I said, "Well not while I'm driving the car. Sedated is more like sleeping after taking medicine," I clarified.

"Oh," he said.

"He just wants to wake up and have everything done," I said.

"Oh, so when we don't listen to you is that when you wish you were sedated?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for him to ask you what does "lobotomy" mean.

Smackie Chan said...

just remember, "gabba, gabba, we accept you, we accept you, one of us!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...