Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Morning

Per usual, Monday morning was a bit hectic at our house. In order to get the kids to school on time, we need to leave the house by 8:10. Getting up at 7:40am makes this difficult, but not entirely impossible. (We can actually leave at 8:25 and still technically be on time, just not as on time as the school would like.)

I did my usual preparations the night before, but this morning we needed Satchel and Jiro to put the finishing touches on some homemade birthday cards for Uncle Neal and "Baby" Miles. I actually like running a little "late" because then I get to see a lot of other parents at drop off. (8:15am is a ghost town versus 8:30am!)

I saw RJA first and he gave me a brief rundown of the latest issue of Edible Memphis. It's the first issue he's been in and he got the cover! (As I was talking to RJA, Satchel took the time to point out that I was wearing the same outfit I wore on Sunday. This is true, but I did laundry last night! And now that I think about it, Satchel is wearing what he wore yesterday too!)

Next I saw my friend Colleen, who I coincidentally wrote about in the latest issue of Edible. I hadn't seen her in over a week so we had lots to catch up on--namely roller derby news and details of her anniversary weekend in New Orleans. I also got a chance to give her back a toy the monkeys borrowed from Ian months ago as well as a bag of fishnets, sparkly bottoms, and striped socks that I no longer have a use for.

A new mom, who looks cool--too cool for me to have gotten the nerve up to actually talk to--complimented me on one of my bumper stickers. (Plastic Bags Blow.)

Last but not least, I got a chance to talk to Theo's dad, who informed me that Satchel is being mean to Theo. "What's he doing?" I asked. "Oh, you know, telling Theo he can't come to his birthday party and things like that," he said. Satchel's birthday is in six and a half months! Last I heard, Theo was on Satchel's best buddy list. I can only imagine what injustice he feels Theo has committed against him. Getting stricken from the birthday party list is pretty bad!

Ah, Mondays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not too cool to talk to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...