Monday, May 04, 2009

Inspired

I don't cook. I reheat, microwave, chop and/or assemble. My specialties are breakfast burritos (which involve cooking eggs, the one ingredient I have mastered), nachos, and fancy salads. This morning the kids said they wanted Spaghetti-Os for dinner, however by 5:30pm they were clamoring for breakfast burritos. The only problem was that I knew we didn't have any tortillas and none of us felt like going to the store.

I mentally ran through the pantry and in a moment of inspiration suggested breakfast nachos for dinner. Satchel loved the idea and was immediately on board.

Jiro, not so much.

I scrambled eggs, cooked bacon in the microwave, opened a bag of chips, and sprinkled cheese everywhere. Easy!

The result was a hit! Satchel ate three servings! Jiro rejected his in favor of regular scrambled eggs with bacon on the side, which was fine with me. I threw some salsa on top of his rejects and ate them myself. Pretty good stuff!

I refuse to Google breakfast nachos because then I will see that somewhere someone else had my idea first. For now, I prefer to believe that I am a genius.

3 comments:

Colleen Couch-Smith said...

You are SO the next target of the "mystery box" dinner now...

Stacey Greenberg said...

lol--i'll do it if the kids pick the ingredients!

poopie said...

Do you not yet have your own Malco-certified cheese pump? I thought Warren loved you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...