Monday, May 11, 2009

What I Did on Mother's Day

1. Even though I really want to plant our garden, I rejoiced when Justin Willingham (the hardest working dude at WKNO) announced that it was raining when my alarm went off at 7:30am.

2. Slept until 10am.

3. Reminded Warren that it was Mother's Day and asked him to wish me a happy one even though I am (technically) not his mother.

4. Picked up the kids at their friends' house and reminded each of them to wish me 'Happy Mother's Day.' (They made gifts at school and gave them to me last Friday, so in their minds it was already a done deal.)

5. Took a nap with Jiro at noon.

6. Went to the Hunt Phelan for a fabulous brunch (bordering on linner) with my boys, my mom, my sister, and my niece.

7. Saw the most awesome Star Trek movie ever (and fantasized about the day I get to "meet" Captain Picard as a young man).

8. Went to the grocery store and had an hour long debate with Warren over whether or not Jiro's insatiable desire for twisty cheese is due to my weak character, hypocrisy, packaging, product quality, or marketing. (Or somehow linked to my inability to properly navigate the self-check out.)

9. Read the kids a Henry and Mudge book about snow that Jiro picked out at the library and snuggled with them until they fell asleep.

10. Watched Art School Confidential with Warren before going to bed at 1am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...