Monday, July 13, 2009

Feastival

On Sunday afternoon we went to the first annual Feastival at Whitton Farms. We were absolutely blown away.

We barely manage to keep up with our yard, so I am officially in awe of Jill & Keith Forrester. They grow all kinds of stuff (flowers, vegetables, shitakes), raise chickens, keep bees, and who knows what else. It was a real treat to get to hang out in their "yard" eating delicious food and listening to great music.

They let everyone explore the grounds on foot, and by tractor! They set up a slip-n-slide for the kids and even let them take a dip in their pool. The monkeys were in heaven! We all were. I seriously wanted to move in. (Although I'm sure the hard work needed to keep the farm going would eventually get me booted.)


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

My only regret is that I missed the pie eating contest!! And Jiro was disappointed that the well we told him about was not a whale.

What a great way to spend the day. Mark your calendars for next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...