Wednesday, September 30, 2009

West Memphis

On Sunday, we went on a lovely hike through the Old Forest. Since it was such a nice day I suggested we do something else outdoorsy. "Wanna go to Arkansas and check out the bridge?" Warren asked.

Sure, why not?

We loaded up and set out. I wasn't really sure where we were going or what excatly Warren wanted to check out, but I was enjoying the ride. Then I noticed that Warren had a print out from the Haunted Memphis site with several locations with paranormal activity underlined. I kept pressing him for details but he was extremely tight lipped. Finally I just said, "Did you crash your spaceship out here or something?"

"I just want to check it out," he reiterated.


The monkeys focused on the small pleasures of the trip. The giant grasshoppers, riding with their heads sticking out of the sun roof, real sand, waving to people on river boats, etc.

I enjoyed seeing our fair city from across a soybean field.

2 comments:

NowThatsJustCrazyTalk said...

Awesome photo collage from West Memphis. . . getting to know you via reading your CA columns, this blog, and Evergreen reminds me of how much I need to resume my writing!
- Carol Simpson (Ellen's Mom)

P.S. Your elder monkey was in my car for the most recent going-out to Pink Palace. Funny, smart, considerate, has an infectious laugh (he and Ellen were giggling about a stuffed animal she got at the gift shop) . . . .really enjoyed having him along!

Stacey Greenberg said...

Aw, that's great to hear, Carol. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...