Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween

We started the day off, inexplicably, at Donald's Donuts. It was going to be a sugar filled day, why not get a head start? Next we went to the Farmer's Market to get some pumpkins from Whitton Farms. We spent the afternoon carving them. Satchel picked out a teeny tiny pumpkin and carved it all himself. He wanted Warren to help him, but Warren was busy turning his own pumpkin into a dinosaur. I offered to help him, but he flat out said he didn't trust me! Nice, huh? Jiro, on the other hand, was happy to team up with me. He and I had a great time making our pumpkins and both were a total collaboration. (I love that Jiro wanted a tail on his devil pumpkin.) Then we put out some cobwebs and waited for Warren to put on his scary make up!


My mom, sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces came over for a bit then we all headed over to Stonewall for some trick-or-treating. Then Team Oster headed over to the Smiths' for a party. It appears that the Smiths love Halloween as much as Warren does! They went all out on decorations and yummy treats. The face/hand meatloaf was for the kids, but the adults ended up eating it piece by piece at about 11pm.


Warren was in love with his costume and made me take a thousand pictures of him. It was pretty hilarious, but I have to admit he was really starting to freak me out. Those teeth were by far the nastiest part of his costume. He is still torturing me with them today.


I had planned on dressing up as the Bag Monster, but figured I better not. A demon and a Bag Monster would have been too much, I think. Midtown's not ready for that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...