Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soccer!

Satchel and Jiro had their first soccer practice last night. I left work to pick them up at home, and when I arrived they were out front in their shin guards and cleats kicking their soccer balls around. Warren had even gotten out the soccer goal that had been collecting dust since we optimistically purchased four years ago.

They are on a team with a few of their best buddies, and the practice field is just down the road by Rhodes. And the coach is AWESOME. He is very much in charge and totally reminds me of my old coach.



The boys did a lot of drills and then had a fifteen minute scrimmage. Jiro was in the goal, and actually made one save. (There was only one shot on goal.) Satchel played right forward, my position, and looked amazing.

When practice was over they had a team huddle and yelled, "Go Green!" Which is exactly what we used to yell when I played for the green team.



I'm so excited. I can hardly stand it! But the best part is that Satchel actually said, "Mommy, thank you for signing us up for soccer. It's really fun!" This from the kid who had no interest in playing! Jiro was a little less enthusiastic because playing goalie was kind of boring. Hopefully he'll get some field time at the next practice.

GO GREEN!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...