Saturday, December 31, 2011

365 Fail

This time last year, I had lofty plans to do a 365 project involving a random act of kindness each day. By mid-January I amended my big plans and decided to do two small photography projects--one involving food and one involving the monkeys, but not at all related to Dining with Monkeys. Since I like taking pictures of my food (it helps when pitching stories and writing reviews) and my kids (they are just so cute!), I thought these projects would be super easy. As long as I was focused, they were. Problem is maintaining that focus.

At year's end, I managed only 152 pictures of the kids. Of course I probably took hundreds more, but I limited the project to pictures of just the two of them.



I did a little better in the food category. There are 305.



I think the pictures somewhat reflect my dedication to making "healthy choices" as much as possible, though it is clear that pizza, alcohol and sweets make several appearances.

Related to the healthy choices, I started a diet journal to track what I ate every single day. I actually did this almost every day. I didn't do it during our three week summer vacation or during the past two weeks, but basically every other day, which is pretty good.

I'd say my biggest victory in 2011 was kicking my Diet Coke habit. I only drank one a day, but even that much can be detrimental to one's health. I replaced the DC with La Croix sparkling water. It has no calories, no sugar, no carbs, no nothing--just bubbles. I love it. I may have the occasional DC at the movies when I fail to sneak in a La Croix (I have a stash in my car), but now it tastes sickly sweet.

I'm still pondering my 2012 resolutions and projects. This has gotten me thinking...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...