Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Big 4-0

Yesterday, I turned 40.

I started celebrating on Saturday with a party at my friend, Aimee's, house. I even had a band! A super special thank you to Cotton & Coal for providing the soundtrack to the shenanigans. My friends made sure I always had a drink in my hand and Warren made lots of yummy food. He did not make my delicious strawberry cake though. Aimee did that. It was a good night.

Chip took these pictures. He showed them to me a few minutes later and I had no memory of conducting an orchestra, yelling, or whatever it is am doing. I guess I was just having fun.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Celebrations continued on Tuesday night, which is my normal night to celebrate life in general. The celebrating lasted a tad longer than usual and I was seriously sad when I woke up at 5:30am to go running. (Really, I should have skipped the run, but I thought I should start my 40th year off right.)

Then, in a daze, I took Jiro to the orthodontist in Southaven. (I know, weird timing, but it had to be done.) The orthodontist had an Xbox in his waiting room, which Jiro thought was awesome.

Untitled

Good thing, because it seems like we'll be spending a lot of time at the office when Jiro gets his braces on. (I know!) After the appointment I took Jiro to Subway for an early lunch. He is all about chicken pizza sandwiches. Then I took him to school.

Once the business of the day was done, I was free to have a little fun. I picked up my friend, Colleen, who was celebrating her 35th bday, and we went for a quick bite and a drink at Bosco's. Funny enough we ran into my twin sister there!

Then we had to bolt over to the VECA Greenline for a photo shoot. (Colleen is a superstar.)

Untitled

Next, we went to Acre for a cocktail, more noshing, and some patio time. Acre did not disappoint.

Colleen had a ginger something or other that I tried on my first visit and loved.

Untitled

I had the garden tonic with sugar snap pea something or other. It was good, but very pea-y.

Untitled

Then we split the quinoa appetizer with charred avocado. Yum!

Untitled

Oh and we sampled the shrimp potstickers too. Mmmmmm....

Sated, we went off for a little shopping. Somehow Colleen convinced me to buy bright yellow jeans. Can't wait to bust them out at a Rock-n-Romp.

After shopping, it was time to pick up the kids and coach soccer. I know, right? Dedication, people. Thankfully the kids didn't give me too hard of a time and we had a good practice.

Then to end the evening, the boys and I met up with my mom, Tracey, and her kids for a lovely dinner.

It was an action-packed day to say the least. I'm really looking forward to my forties. Life has never been better.

Oh and I have one more birthday dinner tonight. Woot!

2 comments:

Terence said...

Happy birthday and have many years to come.

Sassy Molassy said...

Jiro is too young for braces! do not trust orthodontists, they just want as much of your money as they can get for as long as possible! He doesn't have any problem that can't be fixed in middle school in half the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...