Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey Day

Ashley and I started the day off with the Turkey Trot. It was our fourth year! We both had our fastest times yet, and it was a great way to kick off the day.

Untitled

After the race, I went home and did a little yardwork. I only mention it because not only did the monkeys help me, but I had four other neighborhood boys volunteer their services as well. It was a Thanksgiving miracle! I didn't get a picture, but it was awesome.

We packed up and headed to my mom's house around 1pm to start the turkey. My sister, her boyfriend and their friend showed up with about 50 jell-O shots. That was pretty awesome.

Untitled

Tracey also brought gumbo. Woot!

Untitled

I had planned to sneak off to a movie with my mom, but the Jell-O shots derailed that. Instead I just hung out and relaxed. The boys played an insanely complicated game with their cousin, Branch. I was thankful I did not have to explain the rules.

Untitled

I also got to observe a 13 year old girl in her natural habitat.

Untitled
Untitled

The B Team arrived at 4pm and we eventually ate a very nice dinner. Here is the yearly pic of Warren carving his turkey.

Untitled

And here is the kids' table. Tashie and Scarlett were fast friends.

Untitled

We hung out at my mom's til almost 11pm, when we were finally able to drag the kids out of there. We were doing a sleepover with everyone, so back at home we made a big pallet on the floor, put on a movie, and prayed they'd actually fall asleep. While we waited for that to happen, we played Blokus on our bed until after 1am!

Untitled

We are party animals.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...