Tuesday, July 09, 2013

More News from the Road

Once in California, the boys started the family tour. First stop, Folsom, to see Uncle Neal, Aunt Edith and cousins Alix and Sidney.

Untitled

Warren reported that it was 110 degrees there, so they spent a lot of time resting, playing Wii, going to the movies, and visiting a water park.

Untitled

The next stop was Milpitas to see Oji and Uncle Kevin. I heard about a buffet they went to, but that was about it. Warren and Oji then took them on a day trip to Santa Cruz to check out the surf and the boardwalk.

Untitled

The water was pretty chilly, but as long as they had sunshine, the boys wanted to play.

Untitled

Yes, those are Warren's feet. I have a (negative) thing about people posting pictures of their feet on Facebook, so naturally Warren and the boys have been sure to send me lots of feet pictures via my Facebook wall.

The boardwalk was a hit.

Untitled

There was a small drama concerning one scary ride.

Untitled

Jiro eventually had to opt out.

Untitled

My poor baby!!

He was fine.

Warren went with Satchel and  then sent me a video of the whole ride. Apaprently the first question anyone watching the video has is, "Who's that screaming like a little girl?"

Before leaving Milpitas, the boys insisted on going to Wienerschnitzel. Yes, they like hot dogs, but Warren reported that it was the name that intrigued them. I am certain that I missed a lot of weiner jokes at that meal.

Untitled

The next stop was Dinky Creek and the Dinky Lakes in the Sierras. I've been twice before--once with Warren before we had kids and once with the whole family--so I could picture where they were and what they were doing while they were off the grid for four days. Of course that didn't stop me from calling the Ranger Station on the fourth day just to make sure they were alive.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...