Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Road Trip Wrap Up

After Dinky Lakes and In-n-Out Burger, the boys headed south to Ventura to visit Warren's sister's family.

Untitled
Untitled

Shirley put the boys up in a nice hotel, and then Warren couldn't get them to leave the room.

Untitled

Did I mention that the beach was right outside?

Untitled

"I only like beaches with rocks," commented Satchel.

I think they were feeling a bit road weary. Thankfully there was also an In-n-Out Burger right next to the hotel!

They tried Panda Garden on their way out of California and gave it a thumbs up. "We have to go to the one in Germantown!" they enthusiasticlaly told me. Cute.

Untitled

They spent one night in a hotel in Arizona, where they are reported to have showered.

Untitled

Since they are still wearing the same clothes, I don't believe it. Or maybe the Panda Garden was in Arizona? Yes, that's probably it. (You trying accurately blogging about a trip you weren't on!)

Their next stop was Albuquerque to visit longtime friend, Jeremy, and his family. There is not a single picture from this leg of the trip! What! We did do FaceTime and they informed me that they were going to attempt to get from Albuquerque to Memphis the next day. As much as I was dying to see them, I did not want them attempting a 15 hour drive in one day.

At some point on the way home, Warren bought them ice cream at a Braun's.

Untitled

They spent their last night in a rest stop (!!) in Oklahoma and I got a text on Friday morning from across the Arkansas bridge that read, "The kids are having a Memphis Pizza cafe craving." So, I picked up some pizzas and headed for home.

Untitled

Reunited after one month and two days!! Man, it was good to hug my babies!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...