Sunday, December 24, 2006

Holiday Action

Lest you think it is all broken legs and free meals over here, I thought I'd show you what else has been going on.

For the first time ever, we got a Christmas tree. Warren was at Big Lots and couldn't resist the call of the fake pine needles, toy soldiers, and tinsel. The boys were super excited, of course, and happily helped Warren decorate the tree (and eat brownies).


At first I thought it was too seventies-esque, but it has grown on me. (And so has the tinsel. Literally.)

We've also been lighting the Hanukah candles (almost) every night. It was a bit of a challenge explaining to the monkeys that they could not blow them out. It only made them want to do it more, however they did not.


Team Alley came over to enjoy the last night of Hanukah with us and C was completely transfixed. He refused to do anything until every candle had burned down.

My mom signed up me and the boys for a Gingerbread House workshop at the Pink Palace. I was unable to go due to my injuries, so Warren went on my behalf. Good thing because he was a natural at Gingerbread House construction and taught Satchel everything he knew. (From what I hear, Jiro was bored once he ate his weight in candy.)


The finished product is now on our dining room table. To prevent the monkeys from snacking on it, Warren explained to them that it is most likely the prettiest roach motel in Midtown now.

We somehow lucked out and didn't have any sort of holiday program at school, but the monkeys did have a gymnastics recital. (Up Off Gymnastics comes to their school every Friday.) Although the teachers say Jiro is a natural, he freaked out at the thought of being separated from me in public and chose to sit in my lap while Satchel enthusiastically showed his stuff. I was amazed by the fact that he was not shy at all and carried on as if this was something he did everyday.



Finally, after spotting a yummy recipe on the most excellent, Kiddley, Warren gathered the ingredients and led the boys in Rolo Poly Pecan making so that they's have a treat to take to school.


Lucky for us, the school was overrun with treats and we got to bring them all home.

Next up, Christmas Eve sushi making and present opening followed by prime rib and lounging on Christmas.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had Christmas Eve Eve sushi! When are you having me over for some of Warren's?

Stephanie said...

P.S. I love your tree!

Unknown said...

I could hardly taste the roaches when I snacked on the gingerbread house.

Thanks for having us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...