Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Kids' Bathroom

Warren and I have wanted to paint the kids' bathroom since we moved in almost three years ago, but neither of us ever quite got around to doing it. (I had a good excuse--I'm not allowed to paint.)

Many times I suggested we pay someone to paint the bathroom, but that was an unacceptable suggestion for two reasons. Team Oster Rule #1: Never pay anyone to do something you can do yourself. Team Oster Rule #2: Chances are if you pay someone they probably won't do a good job.

This presented quite a quandary, until my older sister, Leslie, asked what I wanted for my birthday last year (April 11). I replied, "I want my bathroom painted." Now, if there is anyone who is a bigger perfectionist than Warren, it is my sister Leslie. After months of planning and false starts, the bathroom was finally painted in February. (Leslie actually finished just as our sewer system started to attack!)

A few days ago I convinced Warren to hang up some pictures so I could take a final photo. So, I present to you, our finally finished (minus a few fixtures) kids' bathroom.

With my birthday on the horizon, I'm hoping to convince Leslie to paint the hallway and laundry room.

1 comment:

Sassy Molassy said...

It looks great! Team Alley rule #1 is "When we do something ourselves, it's going to look like crap and end up 3/4 finished indefinitely, and we will realize we should have paid someone to do it."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...