Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stray Thoughts

I thought about starting a Twitter page in the same vein as @sh*tmydadsays for the funny things the monkeys say, but I didn't. (I don't think I could do their cuteness justice in 140 characters.)

On Saturday when the weather was just lovely, Jiro looked out the window and said, "It's a beautiful day...for donuts!"

In the car Jiro asked me, "Are saber toothed tigers as big as my window?" He also wanted to know if he could put a "baby dinosaur" on his Christmas list.

There were more, but now I can't think of them. Shoulda started that Twitter page after all.

***

On Monday, my day off, I was folding laundry in the kids' room. I heard a loud thud on the roof and then outside the window. I thought for sure another branch had fallen. Nope. It was a squirrel that fell! I watched as it slowly opened its eyes, shook itself, and then timidly scampered off. It was amazing!

The next day Warren told me there was a dead squirrel just a few yards from where I saw the one fall.

***

Satchel and Jiro often do Google image searches on the computer to find images of their favorite TV/game characters. Then they use the pictures to draw their own. Last week I guess they got sick of Googling cartoon characters. I heard them giggling hysterically and when I walked over to see what was so funny I discovered that they had Googled "naced boobs." Thankfully the typo limited the image results.

Now, how do I do that parental control thing?

***

This is week ten of getting up before the sun to work out. After two months of boot camp, I've switched to working out with a friend. We do a cardio mix class at the Y MWF and a "Couch to 5K" program T,TH. I swear if it weren't for my workout partner, Ashley, I would NOT get out of bed. But I do. One of these days I am going to look awesome.

On Thanksgiving we're doing the Turkey Trot 4 mile relay at Shelby Farms. That's two miles each. Ashley says we're obviously a couple of turkeys.

I even signed up for the St. Jude 5K.

Who am I?

1 comment:

Warren said...

One of these days you're going to look awesome? You're already awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...