Thursday, April 18, 2013

41

Turning 41 is decidely less exciting than turning 40, or 21 for that matter, but I'll take it!

76a77545-e6f8-499f-a5b2-31fc98baf42c

I saw a woman on the road a week or so ago who inspired me to keep on rockin no matter what my age.

Untitled

She was driving so fast I had a really hard time snapping that photo!

So a celebration wrap up...I had a day off the week preceding my big day, so my birthday twin, Colleen, and I decided to do our annual shopping/daydrinking trip a week early. We bought cowboy boots in Collierville, ate and drank at Hog & Hominy, and then went in search of comfortable underwear.

Untitled

Untitled

Yes, this is how the ladies lunch.

My usual Tuesday night out at the Cove did take on epic proportions the week of my birthday, thanks to the addition of Marlinee (not pictured) so that was fun. She and I also had a second trip to Hog & Hominy and pedicures to pre-celebrate on Wednesday evening.

The actual day of my birth was rather mellow. I decided to work and save up my holiday for a later date. Satchel came running in first thing to presnet his gift to me. He had been hinting at it for weeks, but I tried to tamp down my expectations since he excitedly gave me a giant ball of tin foil last year.

He gave me a page of work coupons! I was very impressed and pleased with the effort put into making them.

Untitled

Later, I had a nice lunch with Tracey and Gigi at the Elegant Farmer. It was my first time there and I was very pleased. I had the "bhan mi bhan you" with chicken.

Untitled

Soccer practice was cancelled due to rain, which was a bummer, but I got to go on a run with my group, which was nice. Then I got some Memphis Pizza Cafe to go and spent the evening watching shows with the monkeys. Well, one monkey. Satchel was at his cooking class for most of the evening (more on that later). When he got home, he gave me the most delicious piece of homemade lemon cake ever!

Untitled

The birthday celebrations of course bled into the weekend. Hannah and I had a gluttonous dinner at Bleu, compliments of the chef, Robert "Chino" Cirillo. (It was a Bleu media promotion, not actually a specific dinner for my birthday, just to be clear.) Our feast culminated in FIVE desserts. Five!

Untitled

Saturday both of the boys won their soccer games, which was awesome.

Untitled

Untitled

Then we had an incredible Rock-n-Romp at Mud Island. One of our biggest shows yet with the most perfect weather you can imagine. We stayed late so the kids could slide down the bluff again and again and again.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

To top off the evening, we went to CBBQ downtown for some bbq nachos, ribs, and wings!

Untitled

The birthday bonanza continued on Sunday with the Ca$h Mob at the Ornamental Metal Museum Gift Shop. Warren bought me an adorable pig made from an old gas can and some super awesome earrings. Thanks, honey!

Untitled

Satchel and I then continued on to the Dixon to catch the last day of the Present Tense exhibit.

Untitled

It was really, really incredible. So exciting to see so many talented Memphians in one place!

Once that was done, it was officially time to focus on Satchel's birthday! He turns 11 on Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...