Saturday, December 24, 2005

What Would Bill O'Reilly Say?

Satchel has launched his own attack on Christmas. No, he isn't wishing everyone "Happy Holidays."

It's worse.

He's wishing everyone a "Merry Halloween!"

As we were gearing up to go to Zoo Lights yesterday, Satchel started hopping around the room excitedly, saying, "I'm going to be a vampire!"

"It isn't Zoo Boo," I informed him. "We don't dress up for Zoo Lights."

"I'm going to be a vampire!" he reiterated.

I think the fact that the Christmas tree at Warren's office was decorated with spiders and skeletons (among other things) at last night's office party may have confused him.

"It's Christmas, not Halloween," I tried again. "Santa, reindeer, presents..."

It was too late. He had already found Warren's leftover make-up stash from Zoo Boo in the nightstand.

Warren and I looked at each other. Oh alright! Let him be a vampire.

The make-up box had several pictures of scary vampires and other creatures on it. "How do you want me to do it?" Warren asked.

"Like this!" he shrieked with delight as he pointed to a skeleton face.

"How about we do a Christmas vampire?" Warren asked as he dipped the make-up sponge in the green paint.

"Okay!" Satchel agreed.

"Does he have a red hat?" Warren asked me, deep in the process now.


"Christmas vampires look a lot like Dr. Seuss characters," I commented to Warren.

"I'm going to scare everybody at the zoo!" Satchel squealed as we headed out the door.

On the way to the zoo, Satchel pointed at the Christmas lights throughout our neighborhood, and said, "Look at the pretty Halloween lights!"

At the zoo, Satchel ran up to the huge tree in front and cooed, "Look at the Halloween tree!"

Warren and I just laughed and headed towards Santa. To his credit, he didn't seem to think Satchel looked strange at all.


At least the Christmas vampire took the attention away from Jiro's chicken pox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, I am a virgin blogger. Well, I was a virgin blogger a few minutes ago. I have never ever looked at a blog before now, except in the newspaper, and I don't know if that counts. Merry Chrismukah! - Ash

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...