Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hey I forgot to tell you...


We took the monkeys to the river to watch the fireworks on July 4th. It was our second time on the bluffs and we came prepared with a giant cardboard box. (Warren quickly pulled out his pocket knife and divvied it up among the throng of children that surrounded us.) Satchel made friends with a "big boy" and spent the entire evening sliding down the hill and barely paid us or the fireworks any mind. He kept asking, "Can I go over there (way over there) where the BIG kids are? Please?"


Jiro thought sliding down the bluff was fun too, but his little legs got tired. (So did Warren's.)


Jiro watched the fireworks, but was not impressed.


It's okay, we were. (I think I finally made peace with the fact that I am going to have to watch (and get excited about) fireworks on the 4th (and the 1st and whenever else they are scheduled) if I'm going to play for Team Oster.

Note to self, to score major points for Team Oster park in the MLGW building next year so you don't have to wait two hours to get out of the sweltering carbon monoxide filled garage while Warren hollers, "Why didn't we park in your building!?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume this lull in posts means that you're all busy wrapping up the next actual issue of FG.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...