Monday, July 24, 2006

In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering why I am allowing myself to be so self-indulgent on Dining with Monkeys, it's because I haven't been dining with the monkeys! At least not in public.

I present you with two very good reasons why:

Reason #1:
Warren has been going crazy (in a good way) in the kitchen. While walking through Kroger, he saw some meat that reminded him of the soya we used to get in the Ngaoundered market in Cameroon. He bought it, cracked open one of our African cookbooks, modified the recipe to his liking, and then made the most delicious soya I have ever had since living in Cameroon (1994-96). My tastebuds went bonkers and I totally had a gastronomical deja vu, if that makes any sense.


Reason #2:
Warren's garden is just as out of control as he is! Tomatoes anyone? Seriously, come over and help yourself! We also have afreezer full of pesto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look like they are just about to start throwing those beautiful tomatoes!

Anonymous said...

I'll be takin' those there tomatoes, and any pesto you got behind the counter...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...