Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Budding Artists


Satchel has become quite the little artist, but lately he is more interested in doing "work." Numbers, letters, matching, etc. So I bought a workbook at Office Max for him to use at home. Meanwhile, Jiro, who can only count to three, is just getting his art on. He saw the water colors I bought for Satchel and immediately demanded that I get him some paper. I know I am biased, but I have to say that I was most impressed by his use of color and the way he filled the whole page. He was very deliberate with his strokes and knew exactly when each picture was done.

The water colors have just about run out and I couldn't find any new ones on my weekly Target run, but thanks to Son of Click, I discovered a great site, Jackson Pollock, that kept both Jiro and Satchel entertained for a good 30-45 minutes tonight. It is really fun--check it out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...