Monday, February 12, 2007

Advertising

I've been seeing this ad featuring someone's belly all around town. An initial drive-by had me thinking it was a Nike ad featuring a pregnant woman since the media seems obsessed with pregnant women.

Then I thought maybe it was just a regular old post-partum body and that the ad was showing that one can be athletic and stretchy at the same time. Cool, I thought. Way to show an accurate picture of women's bodies and make it look 'sexy'.

Before I could google Nike and get to the bottom of the campaign, I noticed the billboard on my lunch time stroll down Main Street. I got close enough to read the very fine print and discovered that the picture is of a man! It's a part of the Ad Council's new anti-obesity campaign.

That's cool too, I guess. I was just really excited about the potential sexy-ification of stretch marks.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm doing my best to sexify stretch marks, but so far Chip is the only person I've convinced. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...