Monday, November 26, 2007

D-Day

Saturday, December 1st is the opening bout of Memphis Roller Derby's second season and I am playing!!!

It will almost be a year to the day (give or take 9 days) that I broke my leg. We are playing the same team (although some of the players have changed), the PrissKilla Prezleys.

To say that I am freaking out would be an understatement.

Today I sent an email to my co-worker who is a big MRD fan and asked if he and his buddies would donate some sick days to me should I end up in the hospital again. He replied, "Between me and P, we've got ten for you."

I'm not just worried about getting hurt. I'm worried about sucking. The fear of getting hurt severely hinders the "take no prisoners" mentality I once had on the track, which in turn makes me kind of suck. Well that and the fact that I could be in better shape, I could use a LOT more practice, and my leg still feels achy breaky.

My plan is to just get back out there and do the best I can. It may not be pretty--I might foul out immediately or be sucking wind twenty feet behind the pack--but I'll be out there.

Even if I just play in one jam, I will consider it a success.

If you want to come out and cheer me on, that would be awesome. Adult tickets are $12, kids 5 and up are $6, and kids under 4 are free. We're playing first--6:30pm.

Also if you know anyone who does magikal protection spells, let me know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet that getting back out there is exactly what you need to get your confidence. I know exactly what you mean about how skating scared makes you suck, I have that problem too. Kick some ass!
kc

Melissa said...

I'm gonna say a little prayer to Xanadu, god of the roller rink, for your protection.

Sweet Sassy Molassy said...

I'll be there to see you kick ass and take names. Magik schmagik. You don't need no stinking magik.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...