Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chaco Rock-o

So, last year sometime Steph told me that I was not allowed to wear my Keen sandals anymore due to their hideousness.

I used to think they were hideous too, but they grew on me. I love them and I love never stubbing my toe in them! But, I have to admit that they are getting a bit raggedy.

I looked long and hard for replacement sandals that would be more feminine. Ultimately, I decided on some J-41s, which, inexplicably, are actually made by Jeep, the car company.

Anyway, when they arrived and I tried them on two things became apparent.
1. Clearly, I do not know what "feminine" means.
2. They were fugly.

Frustrated, I went back my old stand-bys. My Chacos. (Also known as my "Jesus sandals" and "those sandals that look like they are choking my big toe.") Well, the problem with the Chacos was that they were a little beat up. The straps still looked okay, but the soles were completely worn off. This shouldn't be surprising since I can't remember when I actually purchased them. I think it may have been 1996.

Seriously.

Anyway, being the earth muffin that I am (or when it is convenient, as Warren would say), I decided to send my Chacos back to the factory and have them re-soled rather than purchase a new pair. This was going to set me back about $35, which is a fraction of what a new pair costs.

After sending them off, I got a call from a nice woman in Colorado who told me that they could not be re-soled after all due to a crack in the footbed.

Bummer.

Before I could really say anything though, the nice woman said she could replace the entire shoe under their lifetime warranty.

Cool!

She even said I could pick out any color I wanted. So, I picked green, of course. I got my new sandals today.

I'm pretty sure Steph won't think they are pretty, but I do. And if they last as long as my other pair, Warren can't give me grief about all that shipping to and from Colorado.

As a side note, I looked on the Keen website to see if I could get my other sandals "freshened up," but sadly they do not do repairs.

7 comments:

Memphisotan said...

Nothing a Natural Body Spa pedicure couldn't girly up.

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

i'm not sure Stacy & Clinton would approve of those.

Angel Funk said...

Please don't tell me that Keens are ugly! I had my suspicions but now it's confirmed.

I have some Chacos too, in boring black. I love them to pieces but am looking for something a little more girl too. I'll post back if I find anything!

I really love Camper shoes, Zappos ran a crazy sale on them about a year ago and I got some really cheap. The stuff they have out right now is not that cute but I'm holding out hope for next season.

Sassy Molassy said...

Keens are ugly. Sorry.

The Jeep ones look cute in the pictures. Well, relatively anyway.

Don't worry, after my trip to the podiatrist tomorrow I will probably only be allowed to wear white nurse shoes with inch-thick rubber soles, so if you want your feet to look cute, just stand next to me.

Stacey Greenberg said...

mamaangel--these are girlier
http://chacousa.com/img/Products/1B3HR4_M.jpg
i wish i would have somehow been able to get those instead!

sassy--yay for you FINALLY going to the podiatrist!!

Anonymous said...

Your Welcome Everybody, for not letting Stacey buy a pair of Crugs--err Crocs--now that is true love.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, in person those Jeep sandals were quite the work--like a fatal wreck involving a Goth and a Hippy. As a rule, one should NEVER buy a shoe/sandal built by a car company.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...