Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fireworks on the Bluff


After a lovely day spent in the Alleys' backyard, we rushed downtown to catch the fireworks. Sadly, we ended up seeing most of them while stuck in traffic, but we did make it to the bluff for the finale and some cardboard surfing. The boys were having so much fun, I decided to give it a go. Jiro and I piled on a piece of cardboard and took off down the hill. We were going really fast and near the bottom, we totally wiped out and flipped over each other. I mooned hundreds of people, which was bad, but I didn't completely squash Jiro, so that was good. I bruised the hell out of my shoulder, but I feel that I narrowly avoided a much more serious injury. Satchel informed me that "everyone who sits up wipes out." I would have appreciated that nugget of advice a little sooner! (Somebody remind me next year!) All I could say was, "Wow, good thing I had a few beers or this would really hurt."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...