Thursday, December 03, 2009

Sword Fight

I recently put together a "Green Gift Guide for Kids" for the CA's digital green edition. It's slated to run next week. I left out the most awesome gift of all because you can't buy it in a store.

My friend, Scott Banbury, has been making really beautiful and extremely durable wooden swords and rubber band guns from reclaimed wood. I got a couple for the boys in October and they LOVE them. LOVE. Since I brought them home, our arsenal of light sabers and plastic swords has been very lonely. These are the only swords the kids want to play with. They hide them in special places so no one can get them.

They're that awesome.


We recently gave a friend of the boys' a rubber band gun for his birthday (after okaying it with his mom) and it was a huge hit. We were at Incredible Pizza amongst a million games and he had a huge stack of presents, but he only wanted to play with the rubber band gun. You can load twelve rubber bands on it at once! Way better than that Nerf Blaster thing everyone is talking about.

I got two for the boys, but they don't know it yet. I'm hiding them on Santa's behalf. Shh, don't tell!


Scott has a whole bunch of swords and rubberband guns available for purchase. (Prices range from $25-$30.) His computer is on the fritz, so just give him a call and he'll hook you up. You can reach him at 619-8567. (I got his permission before posting the number on the Internet, I promise!)

If you are phone phobic, email me and I'll arrange something for ya.

3 comments:

Daggers said...

its really very cute things thanks for sharing this with us.

Sassy Molassy said...

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how realistic looking guns fit in with the whole peaceful, natural parenting plan. Could they not be made to look like real guns?

Stacey Greenberg said...

Well it looks a lot less real than the BB Gun Warren got him in August ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...