Saturday, September 11, 2010

Jiro Rides

Unlike Satchel, who couldn't wait, Jiro has had very little interest in riding his bike solo. Of course, Satchel never had the luxury of the hitchhiker either.

I really want to ride my bike to work at least once a week, and since I take the kids to school and pick them up, it would be really helpful if they could ride bikes too. Their school is only 3/4 of a mile away. I could probably handle the hitchhiker, but more than that, I think it's TIME for Jiro to take the wheel.

Whenever I've brought it up in the past he's said, "I'm not good at riding my bike."

Well no one ever gets good without practicing, right?

Today I informed him that we were taking Satchel's old bike and going to the park. I was fairly nonchalant about it and tried not to make it a BIG DEAL. He actually had a really good attitude and neither of us freaked out when he fell off.

Repeatedly.

Eventually, he got the hang of it, and with a few more practice sessions, I think we'll be in business!


Yay, Jiro!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...