Monday, July 25, 2011

My (Little) Rock Stars

Well, the showcase was every bit as fabulous as I thought it would be. Satchel and Jiro (and Warren) seemed to be having the time of their lives. Chip was there taking pictures and I just love how these turned out.

Satchel was all smiles. He loved his band and giggled at all of the funny touches they added in like a mid song rap, a surprise Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the end, and so on. Before camp ever started he asked me if there would be a showcase and when I said yes, he said, "I'm not going." However, by Wednesday he couldn't wait for the showcase and said it was the best part of camp!

CC7_0787.jpg

Warren, who was one of the band managers, got to play along. He said it was the first time he ever played to an audience and he totally loved it.

CC7_0765.jpg

Jiro, who was so excited leading up to the performance, had worn himself out by the time his band played last. Despite being subdued, he was completely adorable.

CC7_0905.jpg

I'm so proud. And so happy that everyone had such a good time. I figured they would all either love it or hate it. Thankfully they loved it. Can you tell how proud I am?

CC7_0735.jpg

My friend, Allen, got this shot of Jiro and his band hanging out waiting their turn. It makes me smile. They look like real little rock stars.

DSC_0061

This week is Soccer Camp. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...