Monday, October 03, 2011

Jiro's Camping Trip

Last weekend, the elementary class went on a camping trip--without parents--to Grenada, Mississippi. Satchel, for various reasons I will not share here since he can read, did not want to go. I thought for sure that Jiro would bail on the trip if his big brother wasn't going, but he decided to go anyway.



I was really proud of him! And so sad! That right there is my BABY acting all grown up! He really did want Satchel to go, and tried convincing him up until the last minute, but soldiered on.

It was really hard for me to let him go, but I did. I texted every chaperone on the trip throughout the weekend for a play by play and even offered to pick him up early if need be. But, he had a great time! These are some pictures one of the other mom's took. As you can see, he did just fine on his own.







Not pictured was the canoe trip in which Jiro's canoe tipped over. He said it was really scary and that he cried, but it wasn't scary enough to make him want to come home. (He had on a life jacket and was sharing the canoe with an ex-Navy Seal.)

As you can imagine, he was SO tired when he got home! He also has some nasty chapped lips and a nice cough. I had him stay home today to recuperate.

I was glad I got to spend the day with him, Even though he didn't feel good, I could tell that he had totally grown up on his trip. It was like I had a new kid in the house.

1 comment:

Colville Clan said...

Awww man, I know I'm going to have a hard time when my boys get older. I have a bad enough time as it is for the little bit I'm away from them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...