Friday, September 07, 2012

Diary of a Stomache Ache

Untitled

I took the monkeys to the Delta Fair. It was crazy hot. We all got wristbands. First stop was a corn dog, then Crazy Mouse. I really should have spent the $12 for the picture they got of us on that crazy ride, but I did not.

Untitled

We went right after school so there were no crowds. No lines, no waiting. It was great. We rode a ton of rides in a short period of time. I had to take breaks to cool off, but the monkeys were gung ho.

Untitled

While I was on one of my breaks, I located the "new" food item at the fair. Red velvet funnel cake.

Untitled

That's a photo of the prop. We did not eat one. I was tempted to get some "Gator on a stick" from a nearby stand though! (Not really.)

After getting their kicks on several rides, we were ready for the Fireball. At least Satchel and I were. It's the one ride we've been too scared to try each year, but this year Satchel and I did it. I kept my eyes closed and enjoyed the spinning. Satchel said he kept his eyes open and was all smiles when we got off. Then we rode another spinny ride. Once was enough for me, and Satchel was starting to look pale, but he opted to stay on with Jiro for another spin.

Untitled

I loved how Jiro put his hands up and yelled "faster!" on every ride.

Once they got off, Satchel had to sit down. He was sad, hot, and pukey. I got everyone a drink and that helped a little. (The 4-H booth actually sells water and tea for $1.)

Untitled

Jiro was fine and raring to go.

Untitled

The two of us took another turn on the flying swings while Satchel recuperated.

Untitled

When we got off, Satchel said he thought he needed to eat. He said he wanted some chicken, but what he meant was that he wanted a turkey leg. It helped his mood immensely, especially since we went inside the air-conditioned building to eat it.

Untitled

Jiro helped with the turkey leg and had some Tiger's Blood shaved ice to boot.

Untitled

Once we were all cooled off, we headed back out for more. Next up, bungee jumping!

Untitled

Untitled

And bumper cars! I liked that they decided to ride together, but it kind of put a pit in my stomach thinking about them someday riding around in a real car.

Untitled

Jiro was ready for more sugar, so we got a funnel cake. I think this is where it went downhill for good.

Untitled

Greasy sugar plus the pirate ship ride equaled extreme nausea. For me and Satch, anyway. Jiro was still fine.

Untitled

But we were all determined to keep going. We had a few final rides before calling it quits.

Untitled
Untitled

While Satchel convalesced back on the bench, Jiro had his final treat--a chocolate covered frozen banana.

Untitled

It is still confounding to me that Satchel and I felt sick when Jiro is the one who ate so much crap. He was actually a bit pouty about me drawing the line at giant taffy on our way out.

I am happy to report that despite Satchel definitely being on the verge, we did escape the fair vomit free.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...