Thursday, November 15, 2012

Memfix, et al.

After my run on Saturday and Satchel's Parents vs. Kids game and party, I forced the monkeys to go to Memfix in Crosstown. Seriously, I had to force them. I figured they'd be fine once we got there and they were. The Memfix event was totally bustling and I kind of wish I had the luxury of checking out each and every booth, but I ended up on Operation Keep Monkeys Happy.

I did abandon them in this park for a half hour or so while I checked out Melissa's Love booth and said hello to Amy down in one of the store fronts.

Untitled

I saw several of their friends, but couldn't convince them to run off and play with any of them. We made our way over to the actual kids area that featured bouncy houses and whatnot. They were quite pleased by the life size Jenga game.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Rather than wait for it to fall on its own, they eventually climbed inside and destroyed it from within.

Once that was done, I decided to drag them down to the new downtown Central BBQ to see our friend Caleb play. Had I been a little less tired, we probably could have enjoyed Memfix more. I feel bad, but the scene at Central was way more our speed. Nice small gathering of people, free food and beer, plus great music. Pretty hard to beat.

Untitled

It had a nice backyard feel which hit the spot. I seriously love the new CBBQ. I can see it from my office window and I have to eat there at least once a week. It's crazy.

After awhile, I took the kids back home to relax with Warren (who had been riding his motorcycle around, meeting up with us off and on throughout the day). Then I went to the Magical Night in Overton Park event, which was just top notch. They had the formal gardens set up beautifully and it was all around amazing. They even had one of those fancy 18 wheeler restrooms! I failed to take pictures, but trust me on the loveliness of the event.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...