Friday, May 31, 2013

Hamlet

Last week, my friend Marlinee texted me in desperation. She was going on a ten day family vacation and needed a dog sitter. "Eh," I texted back. "I'm actually enjoying not having a dog right now."

But really, this is Marlinee and rarely does she take no for an answer. While she texted me about her dog's assets, I ran the idea by Warren. "It might be a good way for the kids to earn some money for their vacation," he said.

When I returned to my phone, Marlinee had suggested the same thing. I asked the kids if they'd be up for it and I got two resounding yeses.

Untitled

Hamlet was an instant hit with everyone...except the cats. They have been in hiding for the past week basically, but I have made sure to give them lots of dog free time in the house during the day. At night Hamlet sleeps with the kids so that they can run free.

Back to the cuteness...

Untitled

Untitled

Over the long weekend, we took Hammy on a trip to the dog park. (I wasn't sure he could walk all the way there with his little legs, so we drove.)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

When he first got there all of the other little dogs ran over to sniff his butt. All of the other little digs were white too, and soon they had formed a butt sniffing circle. I regret not having a photo of this. Once that was done, he basically just came over and had a seat.

Untitled

He is super mellow (unless you are a cat) and so awesome. We love him.

Untitled

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...