Thursday, April 30, 2015

43

This is my blog and you'll just have to excuse the self-indulgence. This is what I want to remember when I can't remember anymore.

There was lots of celebrating to ring in my 43rd year. It started with a lovely lunch on Felicia Suzanne's patio with my Brantley teh day before.

Untitled

It was a little chilly, but I love a good patio! I tried the chicken and biscuits.

Untitled

They were tasty, but I'll probably go back to my usual shrimp po-boy on my next visit. However, I'm going to eat ice cream sandwiches everytime regardless of whether it is my birthday. Yum!

Untitled

My actual birthday coincided with the first Rock-n-Romp of the season at Mud Island. Both monkeys tried to get out of going--Jiro because of his first soccer game and Satchel because of his general dislike for everything--but in the end they were both there and they both had fun.

Untitled
(Photo by Chip.)

Satchel actually said, "I had a really great time today. I'm glad I came." That was all I could ask for!

Untitled

Another benefit of having my birthday at Rock-n-Romp was seeing all of my friends. Well, some of them anyway!

Untitled
Untitled
(Photos by Chip.)

I even got a cupcake. (Thanks Kristin W-C!)

Untitled

After Rock-n-Romp, Ross took me to Jasmine for dinner. Even though I love around the corner now, I haven't been in forever. It's still awesome. And we sat on the patio!

Untitled

Then we went to the Rec Room where I got the high score on Ms. Pac Man on my first try! It really was super exciting and Ross was the best cheerleader ever!

Untitled

Then it was on to the Cove for drinks on the patio, of course. Lots of people came by and Launa and I ended the night at CKs! It felt like Christmas! Ha!

The next day was family Sunday brunch at El Toro Loco.

Untitled
Untitled

My birthday isn't truly over until I play hooky from work and hang out with my other birthday twin, Colleen.

Untitled

We started the day with yummy coffee at City & State, then yummy breakfast at Porcellino's.

Untitled
Dutch Baby Pancake at Porcellino's

Mmmm dutch baby pancakes and bruleed grapefruit!

We shopped for a few hours and then found ourselves on the rooftop patio at Aldo's.

Untitled

It was a party!

Untitled

Willie Cheech & Bob is the best pizza there. Midtown makes fresh mango chutney.

Untitled

We waited til noon to start drinking!

Then we went to visit Caleb in his studio...

Untitled

Popped into Hoot & Louise for some more shopping, then went to see Seamus at the Brass Door and had another beer on the street.

Untitled

We'd hoped to end the day on a high note by riding the bull at the newly opened Red Zone, but it only goes on Friday & Saturday nights.

Untitled

Probably for the best!

Launa met up with us and then I had my cabal celebration at the Cove with Aimee & Mary too.

Untitled
Untitled

I thought that was it, but then Tracey and I had to wait all the way until today to have our birthday lunch with just the two of us. We had Fuel tacos at the Tenneessee Brewery.

Untitled

I feel very loved and excited for this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...