Thursday, May 21, 2015

Updatey Like

I feel like nothing is happening, but also that a lot is happening. A scroll through my phone pictures left me with the following updates:

Jiro played for idlewild this Spring. I think he only got to play in three games because of rain, rain, and more rain. He also missed one because of Rock-n-Romp and one because of a field trip. But, trust me, when he was there he was an absolute beast!

Untitled

Speaking of field trips, Jiro went on his first ever out of town field trip to the Corvette factory & museum in Kentucky. He was SO excited. On the long bus ride, he filled his Instagram account with a gazillion selfies. It was cute.

Untitled

We had some furniture rearranging in the apartment. Satchel slept on the floor on the new rug I got them for two or three weeks straight. I thought he just really liked the rug. He complained his bed was uncomfortable. Finally, he admitted that he didn't like sleeping on the top bunk. And finally, I realzied that just because beds can be bunks, they don't have to be. He was so happy to have his first ever bed on the floor.

Untitled

Jiro is handling the change just fine.

Untitled

There's been some cooking at the apartment, but not much. I still excel at breakfast and we have a few basic dinners we enjoy. Satchel tried his hand at making mashed potatoes from scratch.

Untitled

And Jiro has helped make brownies and cookies, in addition to his Japanese candy kits.

Untitled

Satchel's arm is still broken. He is on cast number 3. They change it every two weeks. Somehow I haven't gotten a photo.

School ends tomorrow. Both kids did well at the awards ceremonies. They prefer that I don't attend, and I don't argue. A friend sent this picture.

Untitled

Satchel got the Outstanding Student Award in Art and P.E. which cracks me up. At least the P.E. part. He is a pretty amazing little artist.

That's it for now. We are looking forward to a relaxing summer break. The boys only have a couple of camps this year, but they have three road trips. And lots of free ranging!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...