Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Jun Kaneko Exhibit

The monkeys and I braved the heat on Saturday to see the Jun Kaneko exhibit at the Dixon. I wasn't familiar with him before, but I really loved the pictures I saw of the exhibit and couldn't wait to go.

Untitled

I mean who doesn't love a giant head sculpture?

Untitled

I loved the bright colors and fun patterns.



Jiro's favorite part was looking to see how much each one weighed. (Thousands of pounds!)

Untitled

Jiro was also great at reading the map and making sure we didn't miss any.

Untitled

Both boys were delighted by Kaneko's more recent work. Bears? Pigs? Mice? We weren't sure, but we loved them.

Untitled

The gardens are absolutely beautiful this time of year, and there was plenty of shade.

Untitled

It was the perfect afternoon activity. As an added bonus we got to see the gorgeous succulents exhibit too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...