Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ravioli Day 2015

Ravioli Day is my favorite. It is also one of the few days of the year when Satchel is excited and motivated to leave the house.

"Do you think the Alleys will ever give us their recipe?" he asked me.

"No," I replied.

"Not even when they get old and die?"

"Nope."

Untitled

This year marked our tenth year of making ravioli with the Alleys. TEN YEARS! (Unless we did the math wrong.) This year, Aunt Elizabeth was busy packing up her house to move, so I was in charge of making sure everyone washed their hands and didn't fuck up. I was drunk with power! Not really, it was a lot of pressure!

Untitled

The best part of being in charge, was having Genevieve sit next to me AND talk to me!

Untitled

As much as Satchel loves to eat ravioli, he is not usually into making it. He stayed outside most of the time riding his Swegway with the other kids. Jiro did come in and help for awhile, which was sweet. Chip took a bunch of pictures, but his computer broke or something, so I am making due with mine!

Untitled

We were aiming for 50 dozen this year, but I think we capped out around 38? I could seriously make ravioli all day. I love it.

Untitled

There's always lots of laughter, and not just because we are making jokes about ball size.

Untitled

We eventually lured Aunt Elizabeth over with disturbing photos of giant balls and triangle raviolis.

Untitled

We were basically done by the time she got there, so we moved on to the "patiently waiting for the ravioli to cook" phase of the afternoon.

Untitled

This time is also known as "time to dip bread in the gravy."

Untitled

Let the record show that despite being in charge and drinking a lot of Ananda, it was not me napping on the couch this year!

Untitled

In Melissa's defense, she did run 13 miles earlier that morning! (Elizabeth also snuck in a power nap before dinner.)

Soon, everything was ready and the children were summoned.

Untitled

Ravioli Day is the best.day.ever!

Untitled

Look for Richard on the cover of the next issue of Ravioli Men Magazine.

Untitled

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...