Thursday, July 13, 2006

Just Braggin...

I'm up to FOUR "Recommended Dishes" in the Memphis Flyer. I've got another one coming next week and THEN I will have a full fledged feature on the best restaurant ever, Jasmine.

If that weren't cool enough, I've been named co-editor of Mamaphonic, the sister site to Hip Mama. We are currently seeking submissions, so check it out!

The Memphis Roller Derby has finally broken into four teams and I am happy to announce that I have been selected captain of what is now being referred to as "Team 4." (I am currently involved in many secret meetings that will result in a kickass name...stay tuned.) In case you have any doubt, let me just assure you that Team 4 rocks.

I had lunch with a friend the other day and I said, "I'm so busy with the roller derby, I hardly have time for my zine."

She said, "Do you have any idea how cool you sound?"

I had to laugh. I don't think anyone who went to high school with me would ever imagine I'd be involved with either of these things. (Yes, I was a bow head.)

It's nice to feel interesting again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're totally winning the Coolest Mama in Memphis contest. I have to go dye my hair and hit my movie premiere now ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...