Thursday, April 05, 2007

Doctor Doctor

All of us have seen a doctor this week, most of us twice. Warren and I went back to the Harbor of Health on Monday afternoon to discover that once again we both had strep. Apparently we have some turbo strain that we are just passing back and forth. Tuesday, we took Jiro to Collierville Orthopedics to get his big cast off, and a smaller one put on. Wednesday I went back to the Harbor of Health to beg for stronger meds and more shots since I was actually feeling worse rather than better. Today, I took Warren back for new meds and the monkeys had to get tested to make sure they weren't carriers. (They weren't.) Amazingly, we all seem to be on the mend, but it has been a looooong month of constant sickness, stress (have I mentioned my two mortgage payments lately?), and sloth (have I mentioned how much unpacking I need to do lately?).

But it isn't all gloom and doom. We captured Jiro's visit to the Ortho on film, curious to see how he would react to "the saw" after remaining so calm throughout the initial x-raying, testing, and casting two weeks ago.

He really only got nervous for a second. Then he was just interested in seeing his long lost leg.






It was really stiff and still a little sore. He got put in a smaller cast and is trying to figure out how to walk again. We're both cute little limpers now.

1 comment:

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

stacey, is that your 'i'm trying not to look freaked out' face? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...