Thursday, November 22, 2007

Being Thankful

Last year Satchel did a school art project that showed he was thankful for his toys.

This year when asked what he was thankful for he replied, "The earth and Jesus."

I can take responsibility for the first one, but I have no idea who this Jesus character is.

Jiro said he was thankful for his daddy.

What's up with that? What about ME? I'm the go to person around here, can't I get a little thanks?

I do, just not in words I guess. Yesterday Satchel helped me rake leaves for about three hours. He actually said, "This is fun," and "I want to help you do yard work everyday!" He really meant it too. Either that or he just innately knew that the Ice Cream Man would come by in the middle of November! Seriously!

Last night Jiro woke up crying around 2:30am. I went in to check on him and he said, "I need a hug." I gave him a big hug, rubbed his back a little and then went back to my bed. A few minutes later there was more crying and a request for a kiss. Soon, he was snuggled up in my bed whispering, "I loob you."

Today when the boys woke up, Jiro asked (like he does everyday), "Where are we going?"

For the first time in a long time, maybe ever, I replied, "Nowhere. We're going to stay home all day."

We had a lovely day filled with lots of food, a little bit of family, and a couple of friends. We went to Overton Park for a brief hike and playground visit, which technically doesn't count as leaving the house since the park is practically in our backyard.

The boys had fun despite the lack of outside activity. My brother wrestled with the boys and played soccer with them in the front yard. He also played a round of Uno with Satchel while our friend Michael did a puzzle with Jiro. After all the eating was done, Warren and I even played Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders with them.

It was nice to spend time together, relax, and hang out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...