Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I went to Target (alone!) Tuesday night to do some final shopping for my Salvation Army Angel, Myron. While there I got a little carried away, which isn't at all surprising considering how Target has shiny new things at every turn to tempt shoppers.

At one point I came face-to-face with David Archuletta. Well face-to-picture-of-his face-on-a-CD. I let out a small scream, then thought to myself I wonder if this means David Cook has a CD too! I looked in the "Pop" section, but didn't see anything. Then I remembered that DC was a rocker! Duh. A quick scan of the "Rock" section and I saw it. I checked the price: $13.99. I thought of putting it on my Hannukah list, but after looking at a cart full of items for other people, I said, "Screw it. I'm going to get this for myself."

Weird that one day I can be mistaken for a grandma, then the next I am buying a CD by the latest American Idol winner. Whatever. I'm not embarrassed to say that I like him. And his CD is good! Even Satchel liked it! (As I'm typing this I realize that Warren is in my car and has probably discovered my latest guilty pleasure. Oops!)

But anyway, I didn't come here to ramble about David Cook. I came here to tell you about Christmas shopping with the kids for another kid. Read about Santa's Angels in my latest column Sons learn a lesson in giving at Christmas. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rocker-huh...I sadly noted the CD case on the passenger seat. So did you get Myron the David Archulada CD?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...