Monday, December 08, 2008

Honey Do

Tuesday is Warren's last day of school! Yay Warren! There's no doubt he'll get straight As and be #1 in his class.

To celebrate, I'm buying the yummiest cupcakes ever!

When we are full of sugar and have our feet up watching TV, I'll broach the subject of my "Honey Do" list. Sure, it looks a little long, but I'm going to help! I've even got my sister helping. And maybe even Chip!

School starts back January 20th. Warren will be in class FOUR nights a week!!! He owes me, right??

Bathroom
1. Hang new mirror
2. Decide where to put medicine cabinet
3. Decide on new fixtures, purchase, & install them
4. Paint
5. Replace missing crown molding
6. Clear out closet
7. Hang picture(s)

Bedroom
1. Fix hole in ceiling from squirrel hunt
2. Clear out totes, boxes, and other clutter
3. Paint
4. Allow wife to pick out new lamps
5. Hang picture(s)
6. Decide on window treatments & install

Dining room
1. Paint remaining wall
2. Paint ceiling?
3. Rug for under table?
4. Decide on window treatments & install

Kitchen
1. Affix crown molding around pantry
2. Clear out clutter
3. Decide on window treatments & install
4. Replace "architectural feature" on ceiling

Hallway
1. Fix hole in wall
2. Paint
3. Paint trim
4. Purchase new dog bed/rug
5. Hang pictures

Kid’s bathroom
1. Fix holes
2. Decide on towel bar/hooks
3. Hang picture(s)
4. Hang new mirror
5. Paint (Leslie)

Kid’s room
1. Install closet shelves (Leslie)
2. Organize (Stacey)
3. Find Lamar Sorrento painting

Laundry room
1. Shelves (Leslie)
2. Organize (Stacey)

Living room
1. Hook up wireless system
2. Touch up paint/Repaint

Porch
1. Decide on new door
2. Install new door
3. Paint new door
4. Hang new house numbers
5. Build Porch

Garage
1. Organize! (half!)
2. Photogragh & list Craig’s List items
3. Thrift store donation pile/Garage sale?

Backyard
1. Finish garden gate
2. Plant bottle tree

Front yard
1. Line plant bed with protective thingie
2. Insert bottle border
3. Hang “Skater” parking sign

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, Chip's not helping with any of that. I've got my own list.

Shannon said...

those cupcakes would not make up for that list if i were warren.

Lone Star Ma said...

Although I think husbands should live to serve us...that list is too long. I can't believe I actually just said that....(the too long part - they totally should live to serve us.)

Sassy Molassy said...

I just want to make sure my husband is reading this. Are you reading this, husband? See? I am not a demanding wife.

Memphisotan said...

I vote for putting the medicine chest in the living room.

Oh, and also, not putting a rug under where you eat!

Stacey Greenberg said...

Did you guys miss the part of my life where I just spent three months with no husband, basically? Four classes plus full-time work did not leave a lot of time for home stuff! And next semester is going to be worse!

Plus, this list is not a mandate! More like a WISH list.

But as for the rug...you have a point SAM. I was thinking a rug would stop the dust bunnies and hairballs from hiding under the chairs. Plus, we only eat there once or twice a week. Hmmm...

Naomi Van Tol said...

That list is crazy talk. Holes in the walls give your house character!

Holes in the ceiling must be fixed, true, but that's why Gaia invented duct tape.

Lone Star Ma said...

I totally did miss that part. Make him do it all.

Anonymous said...

I have a Doobie-DO! Please put flooring and wiring in the room over the garage...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...