Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pre-Birthday Cocktail Hour

Team Oster hasn't hosted Cocktail Hour in quite some time. My impending birthday was the perfect excuse to invite everyone over. (It being Easter weekend, over half of the usual crowd had one reason or another that they couldn't attend, so naturally I called in some new recruits.)

I made fancy blackberry vodka tonics (adapted from a sparkling water recipe I found in some magazine in the lobby of Jiro's speech therapist's office), Warren recreated the Buffalo Chicken Dip I'd been raving about all week (after having tried it at a baby shower), and Mary brought cookies (carefully selected from the aisles at Target). Topics of conversation included bathing habits of Peace Corps volunteers, brochure photos used to sell elective sterilization procedures, and why children need fancy electronic gadgets. Throw in the Wii, a few light sabers, and some nun chuks and we had quite a party!

I had originally planned to cut Cocktail Hour short so that we could catch Caleb's show at Otherlands, but before I knew it, it was after midnight. All of the sensible people went to bed, but me, Mary, and Nat went to the Cove to test out my Nancy Jew Spy Kit.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Needless to say, when I woke up Saturday morning, I felt every minute of my thirty-seven years.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sad we missed this. I had hot spinach artichoke dip fresh out of the oven, a bottle of wine, and an out of her mind screaming child. I'm still not exactly sure what was wrong with her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...